PPSO Professional Pool & Spa Operator course is the industry’s new premier program for commercial swimming pool operators, managers, engineers, service company professionals, health officials and facility owners.
The PPSO course zeroes in on the core skills needed for safe and efficient pool and spa operations, and is designed to meet the learning styles of non-technical as well as technical students so they have the solid foundation needed to be successful pool operators and meet health and safety standards at facilities nationwide.
This dynamic course takes you through the 13 chapters of the Professional Pool and Spa Operator Manual providing you with what you need to know to conform to commercial sector standards. After completing this course you will have gained a strong understanding of Safety, Basic Water Chemistry, Pool Circulation and Filtration, Pool and Spa Maintenance, and Water Quality; learned about other important topics such as, record keeping, basic pool math calculations, contamination procedures; water testing, and routine and preventive maintenance; and earned a name for yourself in the commercial pool industry. Registrants for the course receive a copy of the APSP Professional Pool and Spa Manual. A physical address is required for shipment of materials. By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate PPSO Record of Achievement.
The PPSO is a course for those new to the commercial pool and spa industry or are working as a commercial pool and spa operator and wish to gain their PPSO certification. There are no course prerequisites. The course requires student’s full attendance and a valid, government-issued photo ID must be presented to the instructor when returning the exam for Instructor verification. Students must score at least 75% on the 60-question PPSO Certification Exam, which is an open book, multiple-choice exam to earn the PPSO certified designation. There is also an option of a self-pace online course which can be your initial action to earn the respected PPSO certification.
- Complete the PPSO Self-Paced online course and present the Record of Achievement to the Instructor before beginning the in-person class, successfully complete the class, and
- Take and successfully pass the final certification exam.
Below are some of the general objectives a student will be able to accomplish after taking the PPSO certification class:
1. Explain the role of the pool and spa operator in an aquatic venue
2. Solve calculations related to pools and spas
3. Identify the chemical and physical safety issues related with an aquatic venue, and he/she will be able to determine the steps to take to remove or reduce such hazards.
4. Apply the cleanup steps to take when facing a fecal incident.
5. Assess when water balanced is achieved and how to conduct proper adjustments.
6. State the importance of good water quality and the use of chemicals; and the relation with chemistry of chlorination.
7. Perform accurate water testing and classify types of water tests.
8. Name and understand the main components of a circulation system
9. Understand the concepts related to filtration and the factors that contribute to its efficiency.
10. Identify types of chemical feeders and their operation.
11. Establish procedures to prevent long-term deterioration, by establishing a Maintenance program.
12. Identify and apply state and local codes to operate an aquatic venue safely.
DATES & LOCATIONS
November 5-6, 2019 – Toms River, NJ
About APSP University
APSP University is the country’s premier pool, spa and hot tub education provider. Offered in classrooms around the country, as self-study programs, and in an on-line format, APSP University courses are all based upon the nationally recognized ANSI/APSP/ICC pool, hot tub, and spa standards. This means participants are learning building techniques and service and repair methods that are based on current technologies and sound research. APSP Certified professionals use state-of-the-art technology to deliver and service quality pools, spas, and hot tubs
The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP) is the world’s oldest and largest association representing swimming pool, hot tub, and spa manufacturers, distributors, manufacturers’ agents, designers, builders, installers, suppliers, retailers, and service professionals. Dedicated to the growth and development of its members’ businesses and to promoting the enjoyment and safety of pools and spas, APSP offers a range of services, from professional development to advancing key legislation and regulation at the federal and local levels, to consumer outreach and public safety. APSP is the only industry organization recognized by the American National Standards Institute to develop and promote national standards for pools, hot tubs, and spas.
Pool Management and Education since 1980
POM can help you with all your pool service and training needs – commercial and residential.