Lifeguard #1 (recognition)
- Give one (1) long blast of the whistle to alert other staff of an emergency and to clear patrons from the pool.
- Effect the rescue.
- Give first aid if necessary.
- Complete Incident Report immediately.
Lifeguard #2 (reaction)
- Clear pool if necessary and maintain patron control.
- Inform patrons of situational needs (EMS, etc.).
- Assist Lifeguard #1 if necessary.
- Recruit additional assistance if necessary.
- Notify your supervisor.
- Notify parents/guardians if necessary.
- Call for assistance (EMS, etc.) if necessary. Emergency phone numbers and site address are posted near the phone.
- Assist Lifeguards if necessary
* This is a generic procedure that may aide you on creating your own. Your pool may require additional steps and/or procedures. All information is copyrighted material of Pool Operation Management, Inc.