- Give one (1) long blast of the whistle to alert patrons of an emergency and to clear patrons from the pool.
- Clear pool and maintain patron control.
- Effect the rescue.
- Inform patrons of situational needs (EMS, etc.).
- Give first aid if necessary.
- Notify your supervisor.
- Notify parents/guardians if necessary.
- Complete Incident Report immediately.
- Call for assistance (EMS, etc.) if necessary. Emergency phone numbers are posted near the phone.
- Maintain away-from-pool patron control.
- Assist Lifeguard if necessary
* This is a generic procedure that may aide you on creating your own. Your pool may require additional steps and/or procedures. All information is copyrighted material of Pool Operation Management, Inc.